Issues and Proposals
We are involved in explaining the advantages of, and potential issues surrounding, current proposals:
- Funding for Phase II of LinkUS – the addition of run-through tracks at Los Angeles Union Station, the hub of the Southern California system.
- Expanding regional rail service in Southern California by making Metrolink and Coaster a coordinated seven-days-a-week, all-day operation. This accommodates more frequencies, linking routes to enable one-seat service on routes through Los Angeles and reduce trip times.
- Extending Southern California regional express service to Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley – all laying the foundation for eventual service to Calexico and Arizona such as Phoenix and Tucson.
- Daily operation of the Sunset Limited between Los Angeles and New Orleans.
- Incremental electrification of Metrolink utilizing a combination of segments of catenary and battery/electric trainsets.
- Extension of Perris Valley Line to San Jacinto and Temecula